Our Statement of Faith
Pathway Learning adheres to the ancient statements of faith (the Apostles' Creed, the Nicene Creed, and the Creed of Chalcedon) and affirms the historic Christian faith as expressed in the five solas of the Reformation (Sola Scripture, Sola Fide, Sola Gratia, Sola Christus, Sola Gloria) and the consensus of the historic protestant confessions, e.g. Westminster Standards, Three Forms of Unity, and 1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith. We believe:
- Scripture consists of 39 books of the Old Testament and 27 books of the New Testament as originally inspired by the Holy Spirit. Scripture is infallible, inerrant, and to be received and obeyed as God’s written Word.
- Scripture reveals only one true God, who exists in the three persons of the Godhead: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are one God, the same in substance, equal in power and glory.
- The full deity and full humanity of Jesus Christ, in his virgin birth, his sinless life, his miracles, his substitutionary and atoning death, his bodily resurrection, his ascension to the right hand of God the Father, his present rule over and intercession for the Church, and his visible return in glory.
- The ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose work of regeneration is essential for salvation. By the Spirit's sanctifying power, which indwells all believers in Christ, we are enabled to live godly lives of worship and service.
- The bodily resurrection of every person for the final day of judgment before the Lord Jesus Christ — the lost to eternal punishment and the saved to eternal life.